There is a great blog post from Rush Nigut on this subject.
Great article…. With the following points:
- Update (or create) a Business Continuity Policy with specific provisions for H1N1 flu.
- Encourage employees to get flu shots (both seasonal and H1N1) as soon as possible. To the extent that you offer health insurance to employees, determine if those shots are covered under the appropriate plans. And consider offering flu shot clinics if you have the resources.
- Clarify what your absence and illness policies will be. Consider having flexibility in this situation if you can to encourage employees who are sick (who have someone that is sick in their household) to stay home.
- Make sure your infrastructure can handle an increased telecommuting presence if need be.
- Stay updated on the EEOC guidance.
You can also follow Rush Nigut on Twitter