Sending Samples into Midwest Laboratories: Please follow these tips
1) Open an account if you do not have one Credit Application – New Account
- Helps with the logging process to make sure your samples are logged to you.
- Invoicing for analysis can occur. Without an account, pre-payment is required
2) Include Paperwork with your sample(s)
- Include your Name/Contact information
- Make sure Sample identification is reflected on your paperwork
- Make sure analysis is clearly printed with respect to your sample – helps with logging
- First-time clients, call a client services representative to help insure paperwork is in place and analysis will be meeting your needs from the start
- Without client services involvement, your analysis needs may not be met to your specifications
- No paperwork equates to delays in turnaround time
- No contact information will result in delays if questions occur
Will be working this weekend to get completely caught up on soils.
Soil Testing Note
29,000 soils received Tuesday, October 12, 2010
22,000 were analyzed and reported to clients on Thursday, October 14, 2010!
Wow!! – We work hard to improve processes each year to deliver on numbers like this.
New Soil Sample Record
Over 29,000 soils were received yesterday. I was way off on predictions. This figure represents the most soils received on one day in the history of the company. The early harvest, awesome dry weather and clients receiving their soil sampling supplies earlier contributed to this figure. Thank you to our clients. Our employees will have some long days of soil testing ahead if this rate of samples received keeps up. WOW!
The S3C Complete Analysis
& Recommendations $26.00
This test is our most popular test and it’s quite a value from a cost standpoint.
S3C Analysis (includes the following packages S1A, S2N and S3)
S1A (Basic): Organic Matter, Available Phosphorus (P1 Weak Bray and P2 Strong Bray) Exchangeable Potassium, Magnesium, Calcium and Hydrogen, Soil pH, Buffer Index, C ation Exchange Capacity, Percent Base Saturation of Cation Elements With Recommendations: $10.00
S2N: Same as test S2 with Nitrate Nitrogen With Recommendations: $15.40
S3: Sulfur, Zinc, Manganese, Iron, Copper, Boron With Recommendations: $14.20
Total Savings $39.60 – $26.00 = $13.60
This morning UPS has backed-up one of its trucks to unload this morning’s soils that are coming in.
The volume received will be above the 10,000 sample mark.